Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy Twenty Ten!!!

I feel like I'm living in a Sci-Fi movie! It wasn't so bad when we were all just referring to it as "Two Thousand Ten", but when those grammar heads jumped in and declared we were living in "Twenty Ten" it suddenly got very futuristic lol... Although I am really really really looking forward to having kids or grandkids one day and saying things like "back in aught five". How cool does that sound!?

I am so excited for this new year though! We have some amazing opportunities coming our way this year, it's going to be awesome I can just feel it!

I've never really been one for making New Year's resolutions... but this year I felt like I needed a change, in many things so I figured I've give it a go! So here goes:

1: Start going to bed earlier and waking up earlier

I know this seems silly, but I LOVE sleep. I also love staying up late. Like really late. I am a night owl, that's just how I am built but lately I have been up every night until 4am. This just has to stop. I know I'll never be a morning person, it's just not who I am but I would love to be at least awake by 8:30 every morning. It should help that I signed myself up for a morning class at the university this semester that starts at 8am. Eeekkk! My poor little body is freaking out already! So it's going to be either sink or swim with this one I think.

2: Eat at home more, learn to cook more things, eat healthier.

I know eating healthy is great and wonderful, but I just really never felt that compelled to go crazy about it. However after recently watching Food Inc. with Joey I will never look at a Big Mac the same. However, eating at home kinda requires one cooks. Something I'm not BAD at by any means, I just only have like 10 things I know how to make.... or at least make well... which after a while those ten things get to be kind monotonous. I then find myself pacing the isles at the grocery store searching for some new food/dinner idea to jump off the shelves at me... which never ends up happening so I buy the same stuff I always do to make the same 10 things I know how to make. So this year I want to branch out, learn to cook new things and actually just take the time to cook! Because my main problem here is that I don't think about cooking until I am starving. At which point I don't want to spend an hour in the kitchen making something, I WANT TO EAT! So I just grab some sort of frozenness out of the fridge defrost and serve. This needs to change!

3: Keep my house clean

Lol I feel like a 5 year old with this one. But it's true. I just wasn't born with the cleaning bug. In fact I hate it. If I could do anything besides cleaning I probably would. I tend to put it off and put it off and put it off until our house gets to the point that I'm ashamed to even let people in the door, let alone, God forbid, into one of the bathrooms. At this point I am so overwhelmed by how much I need to do it scares me. So this year I am going to change that! As busy as my life may get this year and as much as I hate it I am going to keep my house clean!!!!! I am going to learn to modify my messy behavior once and for all! Friends of ours always ask when we're going to have kids, and I always joke back saying "when I learn how to keep my house clean" since I'm sure that is a pretty good indicator if someone is ready for parenthood lol.

So far that's all I've got, but I'm also working on a list of a bunch of little things I want to work towards as well, so I'll post that up later this month.

And since posts are always better with photos here is a snapshot my little sis took of us at her New Year party...

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP