Thursday, May 29, 2008

~Inspiring Thursdays~

My photography would be no where near where it is today if I didn't have people who's work, art and life hadn't inspired me along the way. So I thought, what better way to share those people with you than to blog about one each week... hopefully I can keep up with this.

The first artist I'd like to share with you, only because he's been on my mind lately, is a man named Kerry Skarbakka

You can view all his amazing work at his WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE

Here's one of my favorite of his images:

Image © Kerry Skarbakka

A lot of his work is self portraiture involving a sense of falling and flying, all mixed up.

Here's a quote from him about his series: "The Struggle to Right Oneself"

"Heidegger described human existence as a process of perpetual falling, and it is the responsibility of each individual to "catch ourselves" from our own uncertainty. My work is in response to this delicate state. It questions what it means to resist the struggle, to simply let go, and the consequences of holding on. The images stand as reminders that we are all vulnerable to losing our footing and grasp, symbolizing the precarious balancing act between the struggle against our desire to survive and our fantasy to transcend our humanness."

Take a minute and check out his work!

Check back for more inspiration next week!

1 comments:

Kacy 12:14 PM  

Holy moly! Awesome. Hope you 2 are doing well!! :)

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP