Friday, April 18, 2008

Sean Burris • Project 08'

I have to start this out with the fact that Sean's dad and my dad were best buddies in High School and are still very good friends. They were the real life Dukes of Hazzard and the A Team back then. My dad practically lived at their house. When they get together and start telling stories you almost pee your pants! And Sean's grandpa, was the minister who married my parents! So yeah, we've all known each other for a while. So when Lori (Sean's mom) asked me to take his senior photos I was stoked! And of course I begged to take them up at his grandparents' ranch. This place is GORGEOUS!!! It's in the middle of nowhere.... you literally have to drive about an hour through the woods on a bumpy dirt road that has no signs of civilization, then turn at the a sharp hair pin turn on a little forest trail that seems like it shouldn't even be a road. You go on that for about a 20 minutes and it pops you out into the middle of the most beautiful box canyon. They don't even have power out there! Everything is run by solar power, and they pump up water from an underground spring. I remember going there as a little kid with my dad before they built their newer, more modern house, and Mrs. Burris stilled cooked every meal on an old wood burning stove! However they have since built a new home with all the modern bells and whistles. Sooooo, I just had to take Sean's photos there!

Here's a picture of the ranch... I circled the house for you. Tell me you wouldn't die to have that for a backyard!



And here are some of my favorite pictures we got of Sean around the ranch:











Here's my little helpers Joey and his big brother Jay tagged along:



Audrey LOVES sticks! She was in stick heaven the whole time we were at the ranch!



Here's me with vougeing it up for the camera... you can see the solar panels for the house in the background.



This is why I never let Joe use the fisheye! Boys! Lens's are tools not toys!!!!




Oh well... if you can't beat em, join em!

2 comments:

Kathy Phy (formerly Puckett) 8:07 PM  

Very nice work Kadie! I especially love the processing on your b/w. The ranch looks amazing!

Leah 9:45 PM  

Love 'em Kadie! AWesome location!

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP