Friday, July 23, 2010

Nicole + Marcus: Hitched + Haute

I have been so excited to blog these since the moment Nicole contacted me about shooting their hitched and haute session! Nicole and Marcus have such a cool love story, Marcus is Dutch (which I find so cool since I lived in holland for a year, listening to his accent when he talked brought back so many memories) and him and Nicole met while they were both working on a cruise ship. So when Nicole and I were brainstorming for their shoot Nicole came up with the idea to do a sort of vintage travel theme. As we live in Arizona (which is where all of Nicole's family is from) I pretty much just gave up on any kind of boat theme, since we are all beach here and no ocean lol... So instead we came of with some other great ideas...

This first set I loosely based on passport photos or those portraits you get while on a cruise....


The amazing flowers we had were done my my favorite florist Posh Petals, they were soooo cool!


And then for hair and make-up we were super lucky to had the also amazingly talented Rachel Dawkins of War Paint!


After a few shots at the studio, we headed over to the Pima Air and Space Museum where Joey had gotten us an all access pass to walk around and take photos... it was amazing!


I love the vintage film noir feeling all of these have!


I am so in love with this photo!!!! How dashing and mysterious does Marcus look!?


Did I mention it was cool!?


like really cool!?




Seriously... I was in heaven...






Then, it got even cooler when Nicole arranged for us to get to shoot with this amazing vintage truck! With which I got to finally achieve my long standing dream of shooting with a fog machine!!!! So excited...


However, next time I will have to bring a better power source... I had no idea how much power those things draw!!!


But when it worked it was so cool!!!!!










How amazing was that!? Thank you guys so much for spending an amazing day with me!

9 comments:

Casia Fletcher 11:22 AM  

PRETTY RAD GUYS!!! It reminds me so much of 'movie stills'! Way to ROCK the lighting, the location and the FOG machine....chica-bow-wow!!!

Anonymous 11:47 AM  

Kadie! I love your photography!!! God has given you an amazing gift!! this shoot is amazing! i hope someday you'll do my family photos!

Kadie Pangburn 12:24 PM  

Thanks guys! This shoot was so much fun!

katdodge 12:33 PM  

Kadie! Love these photos! what a great setup and I think you did a fantastic job with the lighting and poses! My favs are them sitting in the truck, such great shadow detail and also the star in the background! Well done and thanks for sharing..

Rachael Earl 1:04 PM  

SO freaking gorgeous! Hope all is well with you, Kadie!

Georgina 9:38 AM  

You did an amazing job, and your right the fog really created an ambiance. The feel of the entire shoot is classic vintage. You nailed it.

Georgina Anderson
Something Blue Photography

Nicole 9:41 AM  

I love love love them! They turned out perfect! It was well worth the wait.

Thanks!!!

HilaryCarmen 7:55 PM  

I'm so happy you're blogging again, Kadie! Beautiful pictures, as always. :)

Eva Delhumeau 4:15 PM  

Nice to see you are blogging again, Kadie! I love your work! Your photos are really beautiful, espacially those with planes.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP