Thursday, February 05, 2009

~ Inspiring Thursdays ~

Wow I haven't done one of these in a while, so I thought I'd try and start it up again, since I had a lot of feed back from other photographers telling me how much they enjoyed being introduced to other photographers work.

So... this Thursday I would like to introduce you to the artwork of:








And Here's a quote from her website talking a bit about her work:

I build installations in the landscape or in abandoned interiors and then make private performances for my camera in these spaces. The performances explore my relationship to the world around me and are part ritual, part dance and part daydream. I have many fantasies that I cannot achieve in life as I have known it -- being able to fly is the main one --and am frustrated by the limitations of an earthbound body. This is a dilemma we share -- being both flesh and spirit -- living in a body with a mind that dreams. My images serve as visual metaphors for struggles we face every day; tensions and balances, keeping hope alive against the obstacles, and living in a vulnerable way without being crushed.

- Anne Arden McDonald


You can view more of her work by visiting her website by clicking on her name at the beginning of the blog post.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP