Sunday, June 14, 2009

Britany + Matthew: Engaged

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with this post... other than I am REALLY proud of these photos! I have been DYING to shoot out at this TOTALLY AMAZING location I recently found, but it's a ways out there on a dirt road and wasn't sure just anyone would be up for the trek to the middle of nowhere. Well, when I talked to Britany, she told me that she was game if I thought it was going to make for some great photos. ( I then proceeded to do the happy dance in my office, that is how excited I was to shoot there). So the morning of the shoot we are making the trek out to this location (which mind you I have never actually been to, only seen photos of) and we are going along... a LONG way down this little dirt road when I get a call from Britany asking me if there is supposed to be a lake in the middle of the road. Ummm... no I say, silently freaking out inside that I won't be able to shoot in my new amazing location after all. Then we see them parked on the side of the road right next to a large body of water totally submerging our road and it looks DEEP... We all proceed to stare at each other wondering what we should do, I start trying to think of conversation to stall so I can magically think of a way to cross the river desperately wishing I could have a Moses moment. Then by the grace of God this man pulls up in a small pick up truck and also starts staring at the large body of water covering the road. He looks at us, and says he's gonna try going across. I held my breath as I watch his little truck plow through the water and safely make it to the other side. AWESOME, I say! They have a huge pick up truck and I'm sure my little SUV can handle that. Fingers crossed we all drove through the water making it to the other side. YES! I am totally stoked at this point because my cool location is back on! We finally arrive and my heart yet again drops in my chest as I see an army of paintballers gathering to go to war IN MY LOCATION! I run over and ask if we can have 15 mins before they begin fighting and they agreed to hold off. The following photos are from the my 15 minutes of madness...



Now tell me you wouldn't have crossed that lake to get to shoot here!






Well true to their word, in came the troops at that moment ready for battle so we quickly vacated the premisis, not wishing to become target practice... I then had my next bright idea of climbing up into this old smelter also at the location but a safe distance away from the shooting where I got one of my favorite images I've ever taken...



And this one... I just couldn't decided which one to post! I could kiss Britany for being willing to climb up there in her skirt and heels...


It was so funny to be shooting in there because in the background it sounded like a war zone with the paintball fight in full force. I think at this moment Joey and I were being complete dorks and saying "They're coming... I can hear the gunfire in the distance... if they found us together they'd never understand..." Yeah... we're pretty cheesy. But seriously it was such a surreal moment lol...


After our little adventure we drove into town for some more "normal" surrounding... of course we had to hit up Club Congress as it is one of my all time favorite portrait locations! I love you can see her ring in this shot...


Ok, so seriously this has to be another one of my all time favorite images, can you believe the light in this image!? So cool!


And then it was onto some snuggle time at the Arizona Inn...




My infamous "Kadie Shot" lol... what can I say I do love me some eyelashes!


THEN!!!! As if our day wasn't already completely amazing we snuck in a quick trip to the fair for a couple last portraits!


I love all the random stuff they have there!




Oh... and just in case you were wondering just how deep that water was... here's a pic of Matt and Britany's truck going through... Just note they have a very LARGE truck and the water was quite a bit deeper when our little SUV went through lol, to the point it came up over the hood of our car at one point.


Wow, thank you two SOOO much for an amazing day and for going along with all my crazy ideas, I totally cannot wait for your wedding!!!! It's gonna be off the hook!!!!

13 comments:

Kat Forsyth 2:23 PM  

Yowzers! These are phenomenal! What a good thing you arrived *before* the paintballers started. Your favourite image is mine too. And I love the fairground ones too! Amazing.

Brandi 2:48 PM  

These KICK ASS Kadie! Hottie couple and amazing shots in super cool locations!

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog 3:48 PM  

WOW!!!!! This shoot was absolutely Awesome! Sooo worth the adventure it took to get there. I'm totally impressed- great great job! (And what a gorgeous couple, too! :)

Leah 4:17 PM  

Just gorgeous!! Wow I would give you 15 minutes any day if this was the result. Beautiful photos and even more beautiful couple.

Jenna 5:03 PM  

I love the paintball site you went to! The colors really add to it and I think my favorite images would have to be the first one and the one where they are sitting in one of the rooms with the hole in the ceiling. They all are amazing though!

Frances 8:52 AM  

WoW!!! great shots!!!

Christina Montemurro 9:27 AM  

These are fantastic! My favorite is the one in the smelter. What a terrific frame.

Sherry Rosenberger 12:05 PM  

WOW! You so went above and beyond and boy did it pay off. Those are just amazing - you should be SO proud. I'm sure they just love you for these.

Josh 12:54 AM  

Holy Jeez that first location is ridiculous....as in freakin awesome!

shawnreeder 9:05 AM  

Wow Kadie, what a session!! Really, Really beautiful images!!

Casia Fletcher 2:49 PM  

HOLY HOTNESS!!!!

AbraMichelle 11:48 PM  

I absolutely LOVE #11. Love love love it. #15 ain't half bad either. Kudos to you for having the guts to ask paintballers to stop. I would have given up in despair or cracked under the pressure.

Katya 12:00 PM  

Remarkable shots! What an "out there" location -- literally and figuratively. We've been towed out of that spot on Sasco Road. They have now also dumped tons of sand there, so it is an even trickier drive. Visitors be warned.

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP